Friday, October 30, 2009

VAMP

My first build attempt to build Ardour failed and told me that I needed vamp-plugin-sdk. This was not unexpected.

So, the familiar mantra followed: make a directory, change to that directory, download source, change into new directory and run prevu.
mkdir vamp
cd vamp
apt-get source vamp-plugin-sdk
cd vamp-plugin-sdk-1.3-1
prevu

This built well so I installed vamp-plugin-sdk via synaptic and update prevu.
sudo -E prevu-update


Next I treid to build Ardour again but ran into another problem which apparently has something to do with an old version of soundtouch. I found this out from an old debian multimedia mail list.

It appears that an older version of soundtouch (1.3.0-2.2) that is in Hardy doesn't is not configured correctly. Fortunately, the version in Jaunty is a later version (1.3.1-2) which is configured correctly.

Therefore my next step is to grab the soundtouch source code from the Jaunty repository and build it. I shall also test to see if I need to actually install the library or will the prevu update work without it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment