Friday, October 30, 2009

JACK

My first prevu build of JACK failed. I think it was because I needed to update prevu after building CELT and FFADO.

First I made a new directory, changed directory into it and got the source code.
mkdir jack
cd jack
apt-get source jack-audio-connection-kit


Then I reloaded the package list (since I had a new set of *.deb packages from CELT and FFADO) and installed them via synaptic before I updated prevu. Next I tried to build the package.
cd jack-audio-connection-kit-0.116.1
prevu

This build failed and told me I still needed the libcelt-dev and libffado-dev.

Once the first build failed I also moderated the control and changelog files to remove the libcelt-dev and libffado-dev build-depends and built JACK via prevu. This compiled correctly. So renamed this directory to jack-moderated from jack and recreated the jack directory and downloaded the source code again.

But before I tried to build again I updated prevu.
sudo -E prevu-update

This seemed to do the trick as when I tried to build again it worked.
prevu

0 comments:

Post a Comment