Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Changes

Well, first a brief notice of change.

I have decided to put the FOSS Music Project on indefinite hold as I have begun to help the Ubuntu Studio developers. Currently I am helping with documentation (which is effectively what this project was about, although slighter in scope), testing and perhaps backporting.

Therefore, I will probably be using this blog to help myself document some of the backporting processes.

I will be attempting to backport several applications and libraries to Ubuntu Studio 8.04 LTS Hardy including FFADO, JACK and Ardour. This will not only provide updated version of these applications but this will also provide fire wire support via the FFADO driver.

I should also point out that the next long term support (LTS) version is due in approximately six months, negating the effect of my backports with the following notable exception; I will have gained the experience of doing them. This should hopefully prepare a good foundation for helping to keep up with backporting applications for the upcoming LTS version.

0 comments:

Post a Comment