Monday, November 2, 2009

FFADO-ppa

The first packaging I did with my ppa was FFADO. Just like working with prevu, I needed to build the updated or non-existing dependencies in Hardy to build JACK and Ardour.

Under my ~/build directory I created a /ppa directory and copied my ~/build/libffado directory into it and renamed /libffado to /ffado-ppa

I edited the ~/build/ppa/ffado-ppa/libffado-2.0~rc1/debian/changelong file.
libffado (2.0~rc1-0ubuntu3~ppa2) hardy; urgency=low

* backport to hardy (LP: #469717)

-- Scott Lavender (ubuntustudio-dev) Sun, 01 Nov 2009 15:33:00 -0600

libffado (2.0~rc1-0ubuntu2) jaunty; urgency=low

* Fix linking against libffado (broken symlink) (LP: #332692)
* Rename README.Debian.source to README.source
* Install a .desktop file and icon for ffado-mixer.
* Drop ffado-mixer-qt3 (see README.source).

-- Andrew Hunter Mon, 23 Feb 2009 16:17:25 -0500

Notice I updated the revision number and changed the Ubuntu version to hardy. Both critically important. Also I followed the exact format including spaces and empty lines.

Next I change directories up one level so that I was at ~/build/ppa/ffado-ppa/libffado-2.0~rc1 to start building the package.
cd ..
debuild -S

Once again I moved up one directory and transferred the correct files to my ppa
cd ..
dput hardybackports libffado_2.0~rc1-0ubuntu3~ppa2_source.changes

The quick witted will notice the ppa2 tag at the end of the package version. This was because I originally forgot to change Ubuntu's version from jaunty to hardy. Since I had already transferred a ppa1 version to my ppa I had to build it again with a new version number.

After that I waited a few hours and the package was built for me.
https://launchpad.net/~slavender/+archive/ppa

0 comments:

Post a Comment